|Your cart is currently empty|
- STARTER SETS & KITS (5)
- ROBOTICS (39)
- ARDUINO COMPATIBLE Microcomputers (6)
- ARDUINO SHIELDS (20)
- RELAYS and POWER CONTROL (24)
- DISPLAYS: LCD + (10)
- SERVOS+MOTORS (18)
- IC's, OptoElectronics, LEDs, Regulators (56)
- ELECTRONICS PARTS Assortment Kits (28)
- RESISTORS-CAPACITORS (23)
- COMMUNICATIONS: Wireless, Internet, GPS, Serial, RS485, IR (28)
- ELECTRONIC BRICKS (61)
- SENSORS + SWITCHES (53)
- CABLES + Wire + Connectors (34)
- Power+Batteries (15)
- Electronics Assemblies + Displays (43)
- Arduino Accessories + Programmers (3)
- LAB: Prototyping + Tools + Test Equipment (25)
|View Larger Image||
LightBeam OptoInterrupter Module
Beam photoelectric sensor (Opto-Interrupter)
This is a small PCB with an optical interrupter module that has an Infrared LED shining across a gap of 1 cm to a phototransistor. It includes an LM393 comparator chip for a well defined active point and a strong output to an Arduino digital input. An LED lights when the beam is not broken.
A 3-pin male connector has the Left-Right pattern GND , Signal(OUT) , +5V. You can not use the "Flat-to-Latch cable with this, you must use Flat-to-Separate cable or other wires to connect properly.
NOTE: This must be shielded from sunlight or strong room light or the detector may not see the beam broken. Also a human finger may not break the beam, as Infrared light passes through it!
Try several different materials to see what passes the invisible infrared beam. Metal like aluminum foil is effective, several layers of masking tape are not!
This can be used to receive a red laser beam from the laser brick: http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=404
if you cover the emitter side (diode symbol on top) with aluminum foil and aim the laser at an angle to the detector.